Saudi Medical Deans Committee was established in February 2008 to support the medical education in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It started by small meeting which was held at Taibah University and its purpose was to establish a constitution for the Saudi Medical Deans Committee.
Members of the committee are a total of 26 Medical Schools in Saudi Arabia (22 are governmental and 4 private Medical Schools). The current members of the committee are as the following:
- Umm Al-Qura University
- Imam Mohammad bin Saud University
- King Saud University
- King Abdulaziz University
- King Abdulaziz University- Rabegh
- Dammam University
- King Faisal University
- King Khalid University
- Qassim University
- Taibah University
- Taif University
- Hail University
- Jazan University
- Jouf University
- Al-Baha University
- Tabuk University
- Najran University
- Alhudood Alshamaliya University
- King Saud bin Abdulaziz Univeristy for Health Sciences
- King Saud bin Abdulaziz Univeristy for Health Sciences-Jeddah
- Salman bin Abdulaziz University
- Majma’ah University
- Ibn Sina College for Medical Sciences
- Faisal University
- Al-Maarefah College
- Al-Rajehi College
Major Tasks of the Saudi Medical Deans Committee:
The Saudi Deans Committee have setup clear operational plan that will include taking care of major tasks that will contribute:
- To develop medical schools in Saudi Arabia.
- To provide help & support in the different issues related to basic requirements of the newly established medical schools in Saudi Arabia.
- The committee will work as liaison body with different health authorities in KSA such as Saudi Council for Health Specialties to coordinate the common issues that will help to improve health service quality in the KSA.
- The committee will work as consultant to the Ministry of Higher Education for all issues related to raising standard of Medical Education in KSA.
Al-Imam Mohammad Ibn Saud Islamic University always aspires to be an international distinguished model of learning, education and scientific research based on the inherent Islamic values and teachings.
Through backing some distinct activities of learning, education and scientific research and in lights of the Islamic teachings and values, Al-Imam Mohammad Ibn Saud Islamic University is taking care of knowledge, creativity, moral values of female and male students, and faculty staff members so as to enable them in furnishing their leadership skills and to be capable of serving the homeland. The university is also highly ambitious in achieving the precious balance between Islamic lines and academic excellence in order to contribute deeply and largely in building knowledge and science society.